Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Daily Thoughts 05/02/2018

Alessandro Longhi - Painting and Merit - WGA13390.jpg
Painting and Merit, Alessandro Longhi, circa 1761

Daily Thoughts 05/02/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I finished reading habeas data Privacy vs. the Rise of Surveillance Tech by Cyrus Farivar.  This book is about the legal issues and cases surrounding surveillance technology like Stingray, electrothermal imaging, beepers, and phones.  It describes how it is increasingly easy for governments to do mass surveillance of society.  There is a reminder at the end that many people don't even know that they are being watched.

I read some more of The Square and the Tower last night.  There is a theme of hierarchy versus networks in the book.

Budget Presentation and Trustee Information Session Video, May 1, 2018 Fleetwood Neighborhood Association. https://www.facebook.com/nstepak/videos/1336456029789069/

I checked the gift books and the displays.

I am in the computer lab right now.

I read a copy of Publishers Weekly.

I also read the latest copy of Bookpage.

I spent a little time working on orders for new books.

I put together some lists which I posted from Booksite of new material.

Web Bits

The Right to Browse A Library Puts Books Into Storage and Readers Cry Foul
https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/05/02/601852816/the-right-to-browse-a-library-puts-books-into-storage-and-readers-cry-foul

Homeless Will Get Help from Atlanta's Central Library During Renovation

Obama Foundation Makes Unique Library Deal for Obama Presidential Center

No comments: