Sunday, May 27, 2018

Daily Thoughts 05/27/2018


Carlos Botelho, My Father, 1937

Daily Thoughts 05/27/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day.

I have been reading Packing My Library An Elegy and Ten Digressions by Alberto Manguel.  This is a collection of essays on books and reading. Alberto Manguel is the Director of the National Library of Argentina.

I am watching the movie California Typewriter.  It has an odd feeling to it.  Part of it is set in one of the last typewriter repair shops in California.  There are also cameos by Tom Hanks and other famous people.  It has a retro feeling to it.  People seem to be clinging to the idea of the typewriter as compared to the computer.

I read some more of Principles by Ray Dalio.

Web Bits


Missing the Mark Time To Refocus Our Advocacy Approach Editorial

What's Going On In Your Child's Brain When You Read Them a Story?

San Francisco, Oakland Release Golden State Library Cards



No comments: