Monday, May 14, 2018

Daily Thoughts 05/14/2018

File:Ślewiński Mask and books.jpg
Mask and Books, Wladyslaw Slewinski, 1897

Daily Thoughts 05/14/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of The Square and the Tower.  I am reading about issues with the internet like fake news and election manipulation.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I spent some time working on book orders.

I am in the computer lab.

I am working a little bit on the Community Development Block Grant.

I read some copies of the Times Literary Supplement and the latest New York Times Book Review.  I put a few books on order.

I have a copy of the Ingram Advance to read.

I am putting together the list of programs for summer reading as well as the end of the year programming.

I spent some time working on scheduling.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class tonight in the computer lab.

On the way home, I finished reading The Square and The Tower Networks and Power from the Freemasons to Facebook by Niall Ferguson.  This book rewrites history as a struggle between networks and hierarchies.

I started reading The Space Barons Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos and the Quest to Colonize the Cosmos by Christian Davenport.  This book is about incredible drive, inventiveness, and entrepreneurial combined with visions of science fiction and space becoming reality.  Christian Davenport is describing the beginnings of Space X run by Elon Musk and Blue Origin by Jeff Bezos.


Web Bits


Adulting 101

University of Texas Library Puts Books Away In Storage to Make Way for Makers


No comments: