Friday, September 6, 2019

Daily Thoughts 09/06/2019

File:Maria Dulębianka - Uczony z księgą.jpg
Marie Dulebianca, Before 1919, Scholar With a Book

Daily Thoughts 09/06/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read To Clear Away the Shadows by David Drake last night.  It was a nice light read set in the The Republic of Cinnabar Navy Series.  The main character is a biologist.  Also, there is alien archaeology.  It was a fun read.

On the way to work, I read some more of  The Jixia Academy and the Birth of Higher Learning in China.  There is very much a focus on political consulting by scholars in China to help the ruling elite.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

September is Library Card Sign Up Month.

I spent some time checking the mezzanine after the big weeding project.  I made sure that all the books were put away.  I also checked some biography books and some fiction titles.

I wrote a brief report on the weeding project for the library on August 19th through August 23rd.

I also worked on a schedule for next month for programs.

I spent some time working on a grant for Arts Westchester.


Web Bits


School Librarian Jobs Face An Uncertain Future


No comments: