Thursday, September 26, 2019

Daily Thoughts 09/26/2019

Rydberg Viktor 1.jpg
Swedish Author Viktor Rydberg Reading a Book In His Rocking Chair, Anders Zorn, 1890

Daily Thoughts 09/26/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading The Atlas of Happiness The Global Secrets of How to Be Happy by Helen Russell.  This book goes over different concepts of happiness from different countries.  For example, it described the concept of Homeyness for Americans and why people liked to craft.  There are many different suggestions on how to be happy from all over the world.  It is a positive, upbeat book with plenty of colorful images throughout the text.

I read some more of The Disordered Mind on the way back from work.  I am reading about schizophrenia.

I checked the gift books and the display books.

I have been checking the mezzanine.  I also am checking the 300s and the 800s upstairs.

We did some more shifting of books on the main floor.

We have a digital camera which we are getting ready to use this Saturday for the Comic Expo.

I spent some time looking up our representatives for Mount Vernon, New York in preparation for a fundraiser.

Today is the day for the staff raffle for Adult Summer Reading.  We have a separate raffle for the staff who participate in Adult Summer Reading.

I placed holds on the Binti trilogy by Nnedi Okorafor for the book club.

I also checked out the book, The Art of Mindful Reading Embracing the Wisdom of Words by Ella Berthoud.

Web Bits


Brooklyn Libraries on their Way to Net Zero CO2 Emissions

New York Public Library Convinced Thousands of People to Read Books In Instagram Stories

No comments: