Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Daily Thoughts 09/18/2019

William-Adolphe Bouguereau (1825-1905) - Inspiration (1898).jpg
William-Adolphe Bouguereau (1825-1905) - Inspiration (1898)

Daily Thoughts 09/18/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read a little bit of Particle Physics A Graphic Guide by Tom Whyntie and Oliver Pugh.  The design is closer to a montage than a drawn graphic novel.  It mixes text, speech bubbles, photographs and images in a unique way.  I enjoy reading the Graphic Guide series.  They are well written and easy to understand.

I also read some more of The Atlas of Happiness.  Each chapter is a concept about happiness from a different country.  I read about Saudade from Brazil and Xingfu from China.

I also read some more of History of Libraries in the Western World.  I was reading about special libraries in Europe.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time working on shifting books in the mysteries.

I checked the schedules in ADP for the people who report to me.

I put in some orders for new books.

I spent some time working on flyers and programming.

Web Bits


NYPL Project Reveals Nearly 75% of Books From 1924 to 1964 Are Likely In the Public Domain

Leonardo’s Library The World of the Renaissance Reader

Forbidden Books from Around the World in 2019




No comments: