Saturday, September 14, 2019

Daily Thoughts 09/14/2019

Nagy Newspaper Reader 1920.jpg
Istvan Nagy, Newspaper Reader, 1920

Daily Thoughts 09/14/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Jixia Academy and the Birth of Higher Learning In China A Comparison of 4th Century B.C. Chinese Education with Ancient Greece.  I am reading a comparison between Plato's ideal of the philosopher king and Xunzi's ideal of the scholar ruler.

I also read some more of History of Libraries in the Western World.  I am reading about the growth of libraries in Europe during the 18th century.  This is the period of the first national libraries.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time shifting books in the mysteries.

I also spent some time looking at new science books.

I checked the 300s in the mezzanine.

I checked out the book, The Atlas of Happiness The Global Secrets About How to be Happy by Helen Russell.

Web Bits



Libraries Open Up to Bee Keeping

Yale Searches for New University Librarian

White Red Architects Completes Members-Only Study Room in the British Library

No comments: