Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Daily Thoughts 09/24/2019

File:Rachael-robinson-elmer-new-york-public-library-1914.jpg

New York Public Library, (July 28, 1878 – February 13, 1919), also seen as Rachel Robinson Elmer, was an American artist from Vermont, who gained notability as a painter of postcards of New York City, which "changed the world of American postcards".

Daily Thoughts 09/24/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

I read some more of The Atlas Of Happiness.  I am reading about the concept of Ubuntu from South Africa.

I also read some more of The Disordered Mind.  I read about how the results of both psychotherapy and medication can be studied empirically.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time looking over books in the mezzanine.

We had a brief power outage in our neighborhood which affected several buildings including ours.

We are shifting books in the 100s.

I looked through the New York Times Book Review, The Times Literary Supplement, and the New York Review of Books.

I put in two orders for new books.

There is a class on Social Media tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab.

Web Bits

Shift to E-books Puts Crunch on Denver Public Library
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/09/24/denver-library-ebook-waitlist-publishers/

Censorship Beyond Books
https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/2019/09/24/censorship-beyond-books/

The Hunters Point Library Was Too Expensive, And Is Worth It
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/09/the-hunters-point-library-was-too-expensive-and-is-worth-it.html



No comments: