Thursday, November 7, 2013

Daily Thoughts 11/07/2013

Yevgeny Zamyatin by Boris Kustodiev, 1923

Daily Thoughts 11/07/2013

This morning, on the way to work, I finished reading Ian Fleming by Andrew Lycett. It reads like a sophisticated tragedy with booze, sex, espionage, and lots of arguing. At the end Ian Fleming's son committs suicide. There is also a lot about the legal battles which occur around Ian Fleming's estate. On the more positive side we get a lot of wit, a story of a gentleman who is also a bit of a rake. A man who drinks, gambles, travels the world, and appreciates the pleasures of life.

I also started reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library. I also checked the displays. I also posted about the focus groups the library is seeking to arrange. http://www.mountvernonpubliclibrary.org/sites/default/files/FocusGroupPoster.pdf

We have Basic Computers for Seniors this morning from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

The computer lab is open from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. today. The book, The Makerspace Workbench Tools, Technologies, and Techniques for Making by Adam Kemp has come in for me to read. I am not going to pretend I understand most of what is in this book. It is an overview of setting up a makerspace. There are a lot of descriptions of power tools, glue, saws, 3D Printers, lasers and other things which might be in a machine shop. I am trying to get a sense of what is involved.

There is a computer class tonight, Basic Email from 5:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.

No comments: