Friday, November 29, 2013

Daily Thoughts 11/29/2013

Still Life with Oranges, Arthur Segal, 1929. Oranges, tangelos, and blood oranges are my favorite fruits. Daily Thoughts 11/29/2013

On the way to work, I read some more of Focus by Daniel Goleman. I was not that focused because I had some turkey the night before.

I checked the libraries Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also checked the displays and the gift books. There were a bunch of James Patterson paperbacks. James Patterson is the author with the highest circulation in our library. He is extremely popular.

I have a stack of magazines to read, New York Times Book Reviews, Library Journal, Publishers Weekly, and Booklist.

The book, Thieves of Book Row New York's Most Nortorious Rare Book Ring and the Man Who Stopped It by Travis McDade came in for me to read.

The computer lab is open from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. today.

There is a new collection of short stories by Dashiell Hammett, The Hunter and Other Stories which I placed a request for. Dashiell Hammett is a fantastic writer.

On the way home, I read some more of Daniel Goleman's Focus. I learned that people who are distracted or have attention deficit disorder can often be more creative than people who are very focused.

Web Bits

American Library Association Posters Archive

http://imagesearchnew.library.illinois.edu/cdm/landingpage/collection/alaposters

No comments: