Friday, November 1, 2013

Daily Thoughts 12/01/2013

Daily Thoughts 12/01/2013

This morning, I read some more of Ian Fleming. It is describing his decision to live in Jamaica and write novels. I started reading Beyond Book Sales The Complete Guide to Raising Real Money for Your Library.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for my library. I also spent some time looking at circulation statistics. I put some signage for the holiday display.

We had a management meeting where we discussed different issues like holiday hours, fixing the staff room, and reviewing the website. It was interesting. We are working on a new design for the website.

I am going to start weeding in the oversize again next week.

Somehow, I have an extra long weekend. Tuesday is Election Day, so I have Tuesday off. I worked on the next Saturday so I have Monday off. This gives me a long weekend. The Book and Bake Sale is on November 8 and November 9, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.. I always like these events.

Web Bits

How to Reinvent Librarians: Five Tips From Around the World http://www.theguardian.com/public-leaders-network/2013/jul/18/five-practical-tips-uk-librarians

No comments: