Thursday, September 1, 2016

Daily Thoughts 09/01/2016

Girl on a red carpet - Felice Casorati
Felice Casorati, Girl on a Red Carpet, 1912

Daily Thoughts 09/01/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read some more of Invisible Influnce.  I am reading about how mimicry makes people like each other more.  On the train to work, I read about how people identify with different brands.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I put out the latest copy of the Bookpage and read it.

Bruce Fabricant came by with his book, Mount Vernon, NY Sports Champions, Heroes, and Legends.  There is a very strong interest in sports in Mount Vernon. 

I spent some time preparing materials for events in October.  I also took a look at the Arts Alive grant from Arts Westchester today.

There was a Beginning Microsoft Excel class today from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I checked out the book, Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates today.  We are reading it for our book club on September 29, 2016.  I also checked out the book, Paper Paging Through History by Mark Kurlansky.

Web Bits


The Mysterious Ancient Origins of the Book

Library Wants Your Help Decoding Thousands of Civil War Telegrams

People Are Still Buying Books at Indie Bookstores


No comments: