Monday, September 19, 2016

Daily Thoughts 09/19/2016


File:Zane Grey Desert Gold 1 Film Daily 1919.png
 Ad for Zane Grey novel based film Desert Gold (1919).\

Daily Thoughts 09/19/2016

On the way to work, I started reading Power Why Some People Have It -- And Others Don't by Jeffrey Pfeffer.  This book describes the world as being unfair and politically driven.  It also has some counterintuitive ideas in it about self knowledge, focus, and leadership.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I also checked the gift books and the displays.

I spent an hour in the computer lab this afternoon.

I spent time working on the Mout Vernon Arts Initiative Grant.  We are going to get a local artist, James Willisma (BuJo) to teach an acrylics class on October 28 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

The latest copy of the New York Times Book Review came in for me to read.

I have my test to take for the Librarian III promotional exam.

I spent some time working on the class list for the computer classes in October.

Web Bits


ECI Library An Escape for Prisoners

The Mount Vernon Public Library Foundation  is Having A Masquerade Ball on October 13, 2016




No comments: