Friday, September 9, 2016

Daily Thoughts 09/09/2016




La Belle Iseult, William Morris, 1858

Daily Thoughts 09/09/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

This morning, I read some more of Paper, Paging Through History.  I am reading about Gutenberg, Albrecht Durer, and Leonardo DaVinci and how they used paper.

I did some more weeding in the cookbooks.

I did another interview this morning.

One of the people who reports to me recruited some more people for the literacy program.

The 3M Cloud Library is now ready for patron use.  Mount Vernon Public Library now has the 3M Cloud Library for E-books
http://mountvernonpubliclibrary.org/new-3m-cloud-e-book-library/

I checked the New York Times Bestseller List and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list today and ordered some new books.

I read some more of Paper, Paging Through History.  I am reading about paper in Spain.  The book makes me want to read Don Quixote by Cervantes.

I am listening to an electronic audiobook from the 3M Cloud Library, Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates.

I put the book Jerusalem by Alan Moore on hold.  It seems that I have an urge to read at least three oversize novels, Don Quixote, Jerusalem, and Nix.

I read a little bit about the library of Pergamum which was the second largest library of the ancient classical world after Alexandria.  http://www.mysteriesinhistory.com/ancient-structures/library-of-pergamon.php



Web Bits
Libraries 2016

No comments: