Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Daily Thoughts 09/14/2016

My Father - Carlos Botelho
Carlos Botelho, My Father, 1937

Daily Thoughts 09/14/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more from Paper Paging Through History.  I am reading about paper as an artistic medium in current times.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

I spent some time in the computer lab today.

I have a copy of the Ingram Advance to read.

There is an Intermediate HTML and CSS Coding class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I placed the book, Death's End by Lixin Liu on hold.

I finished reading Paper Paging Through History by Mark Kurlansky.  It ends with a little bit on computers and how they will not completely replace paper.  I enjoyed reading the book and learned something.  The book has an index, bibliography, and notes.  In the back of the book, there is a brief statement that the book is printed on Sebago paper which is acid free. I have also read Cod by Mark Kurlansky.  His writing is full of interesting facts and anecdotes.

I started reading Legacies for Libraries.  I am reading about what an endowment is.

Web Bits


Carla Hayden Becomes First Woman, First Black to Lead Library of Congress

No comments: