Friday, September 2, 2016

Daily Thoughts 09/02/2016

Ivan Petrovich Pavlov - Mikhail Nesterov
Ivan Petrovich Pavlov, Mikhail Nestorov, 1935

Daily Thoughts 09/02/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

On the way to work, I read some of Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates.  The book is well written, short, and easy to read.  It helped me understand some things about African American history as well as the reason why so many African Americans spend time in Paris.  I especially liked the material on Howard University.

I checked the displays and gift books this morning.  I also checked on the computer lab.

I placed a small order with Davidson titles.  I also prepared an order of new books today.

I spent a little time updating Bookletters with some new titles for this month.

I printed up some more flyers to distribute.

I read some more of Invisible Influence on the way home.  I am reading about how social influence affects our decisions on things like energy efficiency and water use.  A lot of the material in this book is about advertising and corporate decisionmaking.  The book is very business oriented.

I finished reading Between the World and Me.  Although the book was about race, I found it also touched a lot on the personal meaning of history for the individual.  I thought the concept of the body as something which countries and civilization try to control could also be used to describe Rome and Egypt.

Web Bits


You're Overdue for a Visit to the Library



No comments: