Sunday, September 18, 2016

Daily Thoughts 09/18/2016


Rossi Woman reading.jpg
Lucius Rossi, Woman Reading, 1874

Daily Thoughts 09/18/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I listened to some podcasts on writing letters of inquiry for grants.  I also read two different articles on grant writing and looked at some sample letters.  I spent some time going through the Foundation Directory Online to identify a family foundation where I can send a query letter.  I think I am going to be ready soon.

I am listening to Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coeates as an electronic audiobook,  I already read the book in paper form.  It is a different experience.  It takes much longer and makes you listen to the whole thing.  This was umabridged version of the book read by the author, Ta-Nehisi Coates.  This gives a flavor to the text because it is the original author reading which makes it more understandable.

I placed the book The Span of Empire by Eric Flint and David Carrico on hold.

Web Bits


10 Projects that Prove Libraries Have More Than Books


No comments: