Thursday, April 5, 2018

Daily Thoughts 04/05/2018


Paul Cezanne, Portrait of Gustave Geoffrey, 1895

Daily Thoughts 04/05/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

They had active shooter training today at the Mount Vernon Public Library.  It was in the news.  I am on vacation so I wasn't there.  There is a video.


Library Staff Trains For Active Shooter-- Mount Vernon Public Library


I took a break from reading yesterday.

I read some more of Enlightenment Now this morning.  I am reading about the trend internationally towards greater democratic governance.

I also read a little bit more of The Common Good.  Robert Reich is describing the increasing acrimony between the Republican and Democratic parties.  People are continuing to attack candidates even if they have lost an election.

Web Bits


America faces a 'Crisis in Trust'-- Librarians Can Help Fix It

The Fortress of Solitude as a Kryptonian Library

New Rochelle: "Save Our Library" Petition Gains Traction


As Used Bookstores In Idaho Close, Library Friends Take Up the Slack

No comments: