Thursday, April 26, 2018

Daily Thoughts 04/26/2018

File:John White Alexander - Samuel L. Clemens (Mark Twain) (1912 or 1913) - Google Art Project.jpg
Portrait of Mark Twain, John White Alexander, 1912 or 1913

Daily Thoughts 04/26/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read some more of Myths of Leadership.  I am reading about how it is important to hire people with skills you don't have so that they can do things for you.  There is also a reminder to hire people who are better than you.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I spent a little time working on scheduling for May.

I cleaned off my desk.

I worked a little bit more on a grant for Arts Westchester.

I gathered some statistics for a report.

I checked the patron requests for items to purchase.

I have to work on the June schedule tomorrow.

I read some more of Myths of Leadership on the way home.   There is a John Le Carre quote, "A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world."  It is nice reminder that we need to walk around on occasion to see what is happening inside an organization.

Web Bits


Every Library Has a Story to Tell

7 Treasures from the Library of Congress Celebration of Leonard Bernstein

Can Art Lending Libraries Empower A New Generation of Collectors

No comments: