Sunday, April 22, 2018

Daily Thoughts 04/22/2018


File:Boston Public Library main staircase.jpg
Boston Public Library, Main Staircase, Historic American Building Survey, Work Prepared by US Government Employee

Daily Thoughts 04/22/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facbeook this morning.

I read some more of Myths of Leadership. Jo Owen reminds us we should not volunteer to do things which we don't like even if we are good at them because it can trap an employee in a position they don't like.  He also describes why it is important to keep learning.

I am following the Trustee Elections at Mount Vernon Public Library.

I started reading Niall Ferguson The Square and the Tower Networks of Power from the Freemasons to Facebook.  This book is about hierarchy versus networked power.

I checked the purchase alerts tonight.

Web Bits


Libraries Partner with Community Agencies to Help Fight Food Insecurity

Library of Congress brings America to life in LA photo show

No comments: