Thursday, March 7, 2019

Daily Thoughts 03/07/2019

Richard-Edward-Miller-anectar.jpg
Woman Reading in the Garden, Richard Edward Miller, 1915

Daily Thoughts 03/07/2019

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

Last night, I read some more of The Astronaut Maker.  I am reading about the Challenger disaster, the hearing, and the recovery of pieces of the space shuttle.

 I also read some more of Saving Community Journalism.  I am reading about how online newspapers create special interest local communities online focused on common interests in local communities.  This can include Facebook pages and mobile applications.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also spent time checking the 600s, the ficiton in the mezzanine, and the oversize books.

We spent some time discussing the Evergreen Integrated Library System this afternoon.  I have to sit down and read some of the manuals.
https://it.westchesterlibraries.org/help-and-faqs/evergreen-help-and-faq/

I also did some more desk cleaning in preparation for the new flooring being put in.

There is a Beginning Microsoft Excel class tonight in the compute lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.


Web Bits



Why California Libraries Are Ditching Fines on Overdue Materials

My Library Card Made Me Less of a Picky Reader

An Annoyed Librarian's Rebuttal

This Morning: Inside Look at the World's Largest Library Collection of Comic Books


No comments: