Saturday, March 9, 2019

Daily Thoughts 03/09/2019

File:Still Life attributed to Aurelius Revenaugh, Speed Art Museum.jpg
Still Life with Wine Bottle, Glass and an Issue of the Louisville Times attributed to Aurelius O. Revenaugh, 1895, oil on canvas, 17¼ × 14 3/8 in. (43.8 × 36.5 cm.), Speed Art Museum

Daily Thoughts 03/09/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night on the train home, I read some more of The Astronaut Maker.  I am reading about cooperation between the Soviet Union and the United States.  This include Mir and the International Space Station.

 I finished reading The Astronaut Maker How One Mysterious Engineer Ran Human Spaceflight for a Generation by Michael Cassutt this morning.  The last part is about how George Abbey laid the foundations for the International Space Station before he retired.  The book is very dense with lots of information, much of it appears to come from primary interviews.  It is an insiders view of NASA.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time checking the fiction in the mezzanine.

I finished writing the monthly report for February.

I looked through several copies of Publishers Weekly.

Web Bits


World Book Day: Without Libraries We Are Less Human and More Profoundly Alone

BookExpo Announces Titles for Editor Buzz Panels

Libations in the Library


No comments: