Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Daily Thoughts 03/12/2019

Cuneiform tablet: fragment of a mathematical problem text, Clay
Cuneiform Tablet: Fragment of a Mathematical Problem Text, 1st Millenium BC, Mesopotamia

Daily Thoughts 03/12/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  '

Last night, I read some more of Lasers, Death Rays and the Long, Strange Quest for the Ultimate Weapon.  A lot of this book is about cold war thinking, where generals want to shoot down incoming ICBMs.  It is about how missile systems are constantly upgraded so they can avoid being shot down.  The concept of Mutual Assured Destruction is a theme throughout this book.  Many of the systems being described were classified military systems at the time they were created.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I med with Dr. Howard to discuss a grant for a program for the Harlem Renaissance next year in February 2020.

The Crochet Group was here today from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m..  We have a very steady group of 12 people who come in every Tuesday to do crochet.

I read some more copies of Publishers Weekly.  I am also reading a copy of Library Journal today.

I paid a bill for databases.

I checked some of the 600s as well as some of the fiction in the mezzanine.

I spent some time discussing programming with a colleague.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers class and a Beginning Microsoft Word class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Web Bits


Ask Your Representative to #Fundlibraries

Treasures to be Un-Hidden at New York Public Library

Libraries Boost Training to Strengthen Security


No comments: