Saturday, March 23, 2019

Daily Thoughts 03/23/2019

Bruno Liljefors - Portrait of Father.jpg
Bruno Liljefors, Portrait of Father, 1884

Daily Thoughts 03/23/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I finished reading The Raven Tower by Ann Leckie.  I liked the surprise ending.  It ended differently than was expected.

I also finished reading Saving Community Journalism: The Path to Profitability by Penelope Muse Abernathy on the way to work.  I read about the different paths which a newspaper can follow either becoming a national newspaper or a very focused community newspaper.  This book is about the business of newspapers.  It focuses on the customer and the advertisers who use the paper.  It describes a strategy of multiple channels with print, online, mobile, and events.  This strategy aims to modernize and make small community newspapers viable business entities for local news and community needs.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

Web Bits



This Library Takes An Indigenous Approach to Categorizing Books

Is the Library Card Dying?

No comments: