Saturday, April 10, 2010

Daily Thoughts 4/10/2010

Robert Heinlein, L. Sprague de Camp, and Isaac Asimov, Philadelphia Navy Yard, 1944.


Daily Thoughts 4/10/2010


I finished reading Plato and a Platypus Walk Into A Bar this morning. It was enjoyable and a bit fun. This morning, I also put Linnea Sinclair, Rebels and Lovers on hold. Linnea Sinclair writes space opera with a dash of romance. I also put Alexander Jablokov, Brain Thief on hold. I also read a little bit of Library Journal this morning.

I enjoyed reading Plato and a Platypus Walk Into A Bar enough to start reading Heidegger and a Hippo Walk Through Those Pearly Gates. It is a nice mix of philosophy and gags.

Todays poetry open microphone went well. Two of the people were published poets. One was published in an anthology, and another had their own book of poetry. We had ten people for our initial meeting in total. Nine people signed in. The gentleman who wanted to start a poetry club asked me about doing another one. I was pleasantly surprised.

I watched some of The Hurt Locker on dvd tonight. It is a war film about Iraq. The story focuses on a bomb squad. The film won an Academy Award. It is a quite interesting film.

No comments: