Friday, April 23, 2010

Daily Thoughts 4/23/2010

Astrid Lindgren Stamp, Germany 2007, First Day of Issue



Daily Thoughts 4/23/2010



Today has been a nice day. We had an instructor come in and teach us about Microsoft Publisher. We make a lot of bookmarks, flyers, posters and banners. It was interesting learning some new techniques.


We are also putting up new signage for the shelves. We are designing shelf cards, banners, and shelf labels. I am hoping it will look nice. We are using the green and gold colors from our logo as part of the design.


This afternoon, the gentleman who is interested in the poetry program came by. He brought a wireless microphone which he wanted to show me. I also let him borrow the manual which I had from the PITB Poetry In The Branches program. I think we will be able to put together a very interesting program. http://www.poetshouse.org/librariespitbw.htm

I also finished reading Chuck Klosterman, Eating The Dinosaur on the way home from work. It is very cerebral. He is making a kind of commentary on popular culture that is very self reflective.

No comments: