Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Daily Thoughts 4/20/2010

The Great Library at Osgoode Hall, Toronto, Canada, 1870


Daily Thoughts 4/20/2010

We are working on new signage for the shelves. I am looking at a couple examples of shelf signage. Hopefully, some examples should be put up today. On April 23, 2010, we are having a computer instructor from the system come in to give some instruction on Microsoft Publisher which should be helpful.

Last night, I went on a tour of Channel 13 in Manhattan and visited the library which was quite interesting. Everything is now digital. It was like being in a network operation center for an internet service provider.

I started Reading in the Brain: The Science and Evolution of a Human Invention by Stanislas Dehaene on the train to work this morning. I also checked out Naguib Mahfuz, Before the Throne.

The cable person from Time Warner came and fixed my internet connection today. I had a chance to start reading Before the Throne. Naguib Mahfuz won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1988. His writing is compelling.

No comments: