Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Daily Thoughts 8/10/2011

Monastic Library, Oil on panel, mid 19th century, Reinhard Sebastian Zimmerman

Daily Thoughts 8/10/2011

I read some more of the book Nonprofit Management 101 this morning. I am reading about online community building, peer to peer fundraising, and cause related marketing.  There is a lot of material covering social media and its role with nonprofits in this book.

Today has been a quiet day.  We had the internet job search hour today.  I helped someone with their resume.  I also checked the displays, checked the gift books, updated the Twitter account and the Facebook account.  We have 12 likes on our Facebook places page right now after four days of having it up.  It is slowly growing.  I was asked if we had a flyer for the Facebook page so I designed one as a handout for people to take.

The Friends of the Library are discussing the Adult Summer Reading Tea with me.  We are going to serve tea and cookies and have a raffle of a bag of books on August 17, 2011 for the people who participated in the Adult Summer Reading Program.

I put the book Supergods by Grant Morrison on hold.  Grant Morrison is a very well known comic book writer.  The book is about superheros.  I saw it earlier in the Strand Bookstore.

There is another book which caught my attention, Your Company Sucks by Mark Stevens.  I liked the title.

Web Bits

Apple and Big Publishers Conspired To Fix Ebook Pricing, Lawsuit Alleges
http://www.libraryjournal.com/lj/home/891584-264/apple_and_big_publishers_conspired.html.csp


No comments: