Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Daily Thoughts 8/31/2011

Arna Bontemp, Painting by Betsy Graves Reyneau, provided by the National Archives and
Records Administration as a cooperative project with Wikimedia

 
Daily Thoughts 8/31/2011

This morning, I read some more of Hard Magic.  There is a lot of action in the story, plus there are a lot of different types of people with different powers.  The story is very clearly one of good versus evil.

I spent some more time on the Twitter and Facebook account.  I also checked the displays and put some books on 9/11 in the current events display.  I spent some more time checking on databases and the website as well.

I also had some time to read through Publishers Weekly today.  I put A First Rate Madness Uncovering the Links Between Leadershiop and Mental Illness by S. Nassir Ghaemi on hold.  I am looking forward to reading The Price of Civilization: Reawakening American Virtue and Prosperity by Jeffrey D. Sachs when it comes out in October.

The book, No Shelf Required E-Books in Libraries by Sue Polanka came in for me to read.  It is also a blog http://www.libraries.wright.edu/noshelfrequired/

On the way home, I finished reading Hard Magic. It had lots of action and fighting.  It was worth reading.

Web Bits

Sony Tablets Coming in September
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/digital/devices/article/48536-sony-tablets-coming-in-september.html

Sony Announces First Dedicated Ereader With Wireless Access
http://www.libraryjournal.com/lj/home/891828-264/sony_announces_first_dedicated_ereader.html.csp

No comments: