Friday, August 12, 2011

Daily Thoughts 8/12/2011

Swedish author Viktor Rydberg reading a book in his rocking-chair. Anders Zorn, 19th Century.

Daily Thoughts 8/11/2011

This morning, I started reading Heartless.  It is light entertainment.  Last night, I started reading Six Week Start Up by Rhonda  Abrams.

I spent some time this morning updating the Twitter and Facebook accounts.  I added a Mount Vernon Public Library Facebook Group.  I am not done with Facebook, the next step is to create a Facebook Cause page to accept donations.  I also was asked to start using Twitter hashtags, something which I have not done before.  https://support.twitter.com/entries/49309-what-are-hashtags-symbols

I also did some other minor tasks, checking the displays, checking the flyers, checking the gift books, and checking on the email reference.

I spent some time reading the New York Times Book Review and Library Journal for reviews.
I put Stand and Deliver How to Become a Masterful Communicator by the Dale Carnegie Institute and
Make yourself unforgettable --how to become the person everyone remembers and no one can resist
by the Dale Carnegie Institute on hold. I have read How To Win Friends and Influence People which is basically about how to have self confidence.  It is something that is asked for a lot.

I also placed Ghost in the wires : my adventures as the world's most wanted hacker by Kevin Mitnick on hold.

I read some more of Heartless on the way home.  It is pure, silly entertainment.  It is the fourth book in the Alexa Tarabotti series so Gail Carriger has the story down pat.  The writing is very smooth and funny at the same time.

No comments: