Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Daily Thoughts 8/2/2011

Eva Gonzales, Secretly, 1877-1878

Daily Thoughts 8/2/2011

I am reading Counterinsurgency by David Kilcullen.  It is a book on military counterinsurgency.  I sometimes read these things.  For me it is contemplative much like reading The Art of War by Sun Tzu, or The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi.  It is on modern counterinsurgency in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.  It reminds me of the film The Battle For Algiers which is about an insurgency in Algeria against the French.

This morning, I updated the Twitter account, checked the displays, and checked the gift books.  There were a few books by Omar Tyree which I added.  I also looked over the new Mount Vernon Public Library facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#%21/pages/Mount-Vernon-Public-Library/155068971235018

I also took some time to listen to a presentation on ebooks http://www.westchesterlibraries.org/ereaderprogram

The book Successful Business Research Straight to the Numbers You Need -- Fast! by the Planning Shop with Rhonda Abrams came in for me to read.

I spent some time this afternoon making sure the computer lab was ready for the computer class this evening.  We are trying to make sure all of the computers in the lab work.  We got overflow in the lab for the first time. 



Web Bits

Internet archivist seeks 1 of every book written


http://globegazette.com/news/national/internet-archivist-seeks-of-every-book-written/article_39bfcc14-944a-595d-9281-d73f770e74a7.html

No comments: