Sunday, August 28, 2011

Daily Thoughts 8/28/2011

Tottering Under The Weight of Knowledge, Atalanta Magazine, 1888 

Daily Thoughts 8/28/2011

Last night I finished reading Ghost In The Wires by Kevin Mitnick.  I found it amazing that someone was willing to break into computer systems to get code simply because they were interested.  I guess this is why I am not a hacker.  I also was amazed that people would buy Kevin Mitnick's books The Art of Intrusion and The Art of Deception after he spent so many years in jail for hacking.

I also read some more Made to Stick.  Right now, I am reading about how to make your ideas more concrete and understandable.  It is useful information, but not particularly exciting.

This morning, I took another course from Lynda.com instructed by Jill Whelan, SEO Search Engine Optimization Getting Started.  I have two months of training for free coming from my job on Lynda.com so I figure that I might as well take advantage while I can for free.

I also spent a bit of time on Facebook and Twitter this morning.

No comments: