Monday, August 15, 2011

Daily Thoughts 8/15/2011

Корин А.М. "За книгой", 1900, холст, масло, Дальневосточный художественный музей
Daily Thoughts 8/15/2011

I checked the displays, picked out some young adult titles to be added from the gift books,  updated the Twitter and Facebook accounts, and checked the gift books.  I am also spending some time working on Bookletters today.  I called people for the Writers Networking Event on August 18, 2011 from 6-8 p.m., and the End of Summer Reading Tea on Wednesday, August 17, from 4-6 p.m.  I also spent some time setting up the bag of books which will be raffled off for the participants in the Adult Summer Reading Program.

I wrote a poem for the Writers Networking Event as well as put down five reasons why I write.  We are going to do an exercise as a group explaining reasons why we write.  

I spent a small amount of time updating the Bookletters page today.  It has been a while since I did this.
http://library.booksite.com/7273/nl/?list=CNL7  I also spent some time looking at the website statistics.  I am on a committee for the website.  People are coming to use our online research links.

Two books by the Dale Carnegie Training Institute came in for me to read Stand and Deliver How to Become a Masterful Communicator and Public Speaker and Make Yourself Unforgettable How to Become the Person Everyone Remembers and No One Can Resist.  Right now, I am reading Stand and Deliver which is about how to communicate with people both in person and in front of large crowds.  It is very much a motivational book.  I read a bit of Make Yourself Unforgettable which is about how to have poise and class.  Make yourself Unforgettable is very much a book about how to show confidence.  Neither of the book is a formal work, there are no references and they have strong opinions.

No comments: