Monday, August 8, 2011

Daily Thoughts 8/8/2011

Dame am Goldfischbassin (Die Gattin des Künstlers), Lovis, Corinth, 1911

Daily Thoughts 8/8/2011

This morning, I spent some time on the Facebook and Twitter page for the library.  The number of users and content is steadily growing.  I also put the graphic novel Feynman by Jim Ottaviani on hold.  It looks quite interesting. 

The book Six Week Start Up by Rhonda Abrams came in for me to read.  I still have a bit more to read in the other books by Rhonda Abrams. Also, the book Made to Stick Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Chip Heath and Dan Heath came in for me to read as well.

I found out that Kenneth C. Davis who is the author of the Don't Know Much About series of books is from Mount Vernon.  I contacted him recently on his website, friended him on Twitter, then called him on the phone.  http://www.dontknowmuch.com/about-kenneth-c-davis/ Hopefully, he should be coming in January.


We are also planning to have a workshop on Ereaders for librarians on Wednesday, September 7, 2011 from 2:00-3:30.  I am hoping that it goes well.

A friend sent me A New Resonance 6 Emerging Voices in English-Language Haiku 6, Edited by Jim Kacian and Dee Evetts.  I am looking forward to reading it. 


On the way home, I read some more of Nonprofit Management 101. I am reading about collaboration and alliances between nonprofits.  This interests me quite a bit.  I have been working with a few organizations like the Women's Enterprise Development Center and the Mount Vernon Writers Network for a bit and I think they will lead to good things.

No comments: