Thursday, August 2, 2012

Daily Thoughts 08/02/2012

The Artist In Repose, Walter Crane, From A Floral Fantasy In an Old English Garden, 1899

Daily Thoughts 08/02/2012

I read some more of Difficult Situations on the train to work today.  Right now the authors are writing about how and why people interpret events differently.  They are trying to show to learn to find out what people think of problems.

I updated the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.  The book Chimera by T.C. McCarthy came in for me to read.  I also put the book Shine, Shine, Shine by Lydia Netzer on hold.  I also have a copy of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff... and It's All Small Stuff by Richard Carlson, Ph.D. to read.

I am looking forward to when The Woman Who Married A Cloud by Jonathan Carroll comes out.  Jonathan Carroll writes in an odd style that is almost like modern fairytales.  It is a collection of his short stories.

This afternoon, the Computer Lab was open between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m..  I also did a bit of inventory in the mezzanine.  Right now, the library aides are shifting the biography books.

I read some of Chimera on the way home, it is military science fiction.  There are genetically engineered soldiers.  The world is also very dystopian with fighting over metals, constant surveillance, and a population die off because of limited nuclear war.  The book also includes some espionage which adds an edge to the military aspects of the story.

I also read some more of Difficult Situations.  The authors are describing how to identify how people work together to make things wrong.  They describe processes of bad communication.

No comments: