Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Daily Thoughts 08/22/2012

Gerard Ter Borch , Portrait of a Man Reading, Circa 1675

Daily Thoughts 08/22/2012

This morning, I finished reading in Spanish See and It Say It in Spanish by Margarita Madrigal.  I checked out the book Madrigal's Magic Key to Spanish A Creative and Proven Approach by Margaria Madrigal with Original Illustrations by Andy Warhol.  I am hoping it will teach me more Spanish.

The book, Tiny Beautiful Things Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar by Cheryl Strayed came in for me to read.  I am have too many books to read on my desk.  The new books which I started ordering last week are coming in.  I always like seeing new books.  The latest Publishers Weekly also came in for me to read.

This morning, I updated the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the gift books, displays, and am working on an order of African American interest books with a colleague. 

I spent some time looking through the New York Times Bestseller lists that are not part of the New York Times Book Review.  The Books section online for the New York Times has monthly bestseller lists for hardcover business, paperback business, and politics.  There is also a graphic novels and manga list.

The computer lab is open between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. today.  The Woman's Enterprise Development Center is having a class tonight for Entrepreneurship called First Steps from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Right now, I am looking at the Indie Bestseller List from Independent Bookstores http://www.indiebound.org/indie-bestsellers  I rather like it because it tends to contain more literary and independent titles than the Publishers Weekly bestseller list or the New York Times bestseller list.

I plan on looking at EarlyWord: The Publisher Librarian Connection tomorrow.  http://www.earlyword.com/


No comments: