Monday, August 27, 2012

Daily Thoughts 08/27/2012

[Ulysses S. Grant, full-length portrait, seated at table with books and top hat, facing right] 
Date Created/Published: [between 1869 and 1877(?)] 


Daily Thoughts 08/27/2012

I read some more of Margarita Madrigal's Magic Keys to Spanish on the train to work.  I also read a bit more Evolutionaries.  Carter Phipps is discussing whether or not there is a specific direction to evolution.  The basic idea is that society will become more complex.  I also am reading How To Keep People From Pushing Your Buttons by Albert Ellis and Arthur Lange, Ed.D..  A lot of it is about how not to think of things as being awful or think you should be doing things without considering them first.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library.  More books are coming in for the new books display area.  I also spent some time looking at business books.  I sometimes look at http://800ceoread.com for business books.  Also, the latest copy of The New York Times Bestseller list came in as well as the latest issue of Baker and Taylor Forecast.

Chris Anderson has a new book out; Makers: The New Industrial Revolution.  I am looking forward to reading it.


No comments: