Thursday, August 30, 2012

Daily Thoughts 08/30/2012



Daily Thoughts 08/30/2012

I have been reading more of Evolutionaries.  One of the themes in the book is the evolution of consciousness.  The history of consciousness was one of the doctoral programs where I got my undergraduate degree at University of California Santa Cruz in cultural anthropology.  I remember taking a history of science course as an elective from this department which I enjoyed a lot.

I also read some more of Margarita Madrigal's Magic Keys to Spanish.  There was a test in chapter 11 which was not too hard.  I am hoping that it proves useful.  I also read some more of How To Keep People From Pushing Your Buttons.  The book has written exercises in it which is helpful.  I often think self help books are more useful if they include exercises, visualizations, or specific activities.  One of my favorite writing books, Writing Begins With the Breath has quite a few exercises which combine meditation and writing.

No comments: