Friday, August 17, 2012

Daily Thoughts 08/17/2012

Dante's Inferno, 1924 Film Poster.

Daily Thoughts 08/17/2012

This morning, I read some more of Full Body Burden.  The author is describing the process of civil disobedience at Rocky Flats where protesters willing go to get arrested and then present their case in court.

This morning, I checked the Facebook and Twitter page for the library, checked the displays, checked the gift books and spent some time talking to our representative from BWI.  I also am looking at travel books to order.  I am looking at books about travel for all over the world, we get a lot of questions about travel in Africa and the Caribbean.  I spent some time visiting different travel publishers; Insight Guides, Fodor's, Frommer's, Lonely Planet, Moon, and Rough Guides.

I handed out a few certificates today for participating in the Annual Adult Summer Reading Game.  I also did a bit of shifting from the main collection for the biography books to the mezzanine.

Web Bits

How Books Shaped the American National Identity
http://www.npr.org/2012/08/14/158771705/-books-that-shaped-america

No comments: