Friday, August 31, 2012

Daily Thoughts 08/31/2012


Edward Lear, The Owl and the Pussycat, 1871, Book of Nonsense II, this is neither here nor there.  It is one of my favorite poems.  http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/171941


Daily Thoughts 08/31/2012

I have been reading more of Evolutionaries.  One of the ideas in evolutionaries that is being written about is that children develop over time; Jean Piaget is discussed in an evolutionary context.  People don't start out with higher reasoning, or religious inclinations when they are small children.  They are not little adults.  I especially like the book Descartes Error: Emotion, Reason, and the Human Brain by Antonio Damasio.  One of the central tenets of Descartes Error is that reason stems from emotion developmentally and neurologically.

I am reading a bit more of Madrigal's Magic Keys to Spanish, I am on Chapter 13.  The book has 45 chapters and is 496 pages long, so I have quite a bit to go.  I think I will also get a Spanish-English dictionary because I am running into words that I don't quite understand.  I think I have some of the basics.

I have been reading more of How To Keep People From Pushing Your Buttons.  There are sections focused on work and family.  Some parts are hard to read.

Web Bits

The Born Digital In The Archives: One Curator's Experience
http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2012/08/the-born-digital-in-the-archives-one-curators-experience/


No comments: