Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Daily Thoughts 06/06/2017

Aldous Huxley - Vanessa Bell
Aldous Huxley, Vanessa Bell, 1931

Daily Thoughts 06/06/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Blue Ocean Shift on the way to work.  I am reading about how to identify what buyers want as well as their pain points.

I checked the displays and the gift books today.

I also read through a few copies of the Times Literary Supplement as well as a copy of the New York Times Book Review.  I am working on two orders for new books right now.

The Crochet Group is today from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Fiction Room.

I spent some time unpacking the box from Book Expo America and I gave some books to the young adult and the children's department to be added.  I also sorted the adult books which needed to be added.

I spent some time checking biography and 600s today in the tech area.

I also looked at some policies for weeding and collections.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers class and Beginning Microsoft Word class today in the computer lab this evening.

I am starting to catch up after my conference.

Web Bits


New Trends in Library Security

Director of Ukrainian Library In Moscow Receives Suspended Terms

                                                                   

No comments: