Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Daily Thoughts 06/07/2017

Reading - Henri Fantin-Latour
Reading, Henri Fantin Latour, 1877

Daily Thoughts 06/07/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also read some more of Blue Ocean Shift on the way home last night.  I am reading about different approaches to fulfill buyers needs.  There is a utility map of different reasons people buy products.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also spent some time working on a form for human resources.  I am ordering some replacement copies for James Patterson books which were damaged or missing.

We discussed Summer Reading giveaways today and looked at things like pens and cups and little notepads to give away to encourage people to read.  We are thinking about both the teen and the adult summer reading program.

I asked a colleague to request demos of board games from different publishers.

I finished with most of the things from the Book Expo today.  A lot of it was giving people small things like a sample comic, a business card, or catalog from a specific vendor.

I have a monthly report to finish writing.  I also am helping to look up statistics for the annual report. I finished writing my monthly report.

Web Bits


A Different Feel at Book Expo 2017

San Diego Librarians Receive Mental Health First Aid Training

Checking Out Tech, Library Will Lend Out Laptops, Mobile Hotspots

                                                        

No comments: