Thursday, June 22, 2017

Daily Thoughts 06/22/2017

Jeanne Reading - Camille Pissarro
Jeanne Reading, Camille Pisarro, 1899

Daily Thoughts 06/22/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I attended the Mount Vernon Public Library Board of Trustees meeting.  There was some discussion of written policies as well as the central library status.

Last night I read some more of Capture.  I am reading about what drives people to become killers.  There is a discussion of why Sirhan Sirhan, Ted Kaczynski, and Eric Harris became murderously insane.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I also did a little more work on programming. I also spent some time working with a new librarian the Literacy program.

Tonight we have an Immigration Forum in the Grace Greene Baker Community Room from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

There is also a Tablets and Smart Phones class from 5;30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I posted a list of CD Audiobooks to Bookletters.

Web Bits


Syrian Students Library Helps Arabic Culture Blossom In Berlin

The Original Wonder Woman Slays the Crowd at Library of Congress

24,000 Vintage Cartoons from the Library of Congress Illustrate The History of This Modern Art Form (1780-1977)

Library and Archives Canada Launches Its First Enhanced E-book


No comments: