Saturday, June 10, 2017

Daily Thoughts 06/10/2017

Reimer Librarian.jpg
George Reimer, Librarian, Created Between 1850 and 1866

Daily Thoughts 06/10/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read Asteroid Hunters by Carrie Nugent.  This was originally a TED Talk which was turned into a book.  The book is a quick read of 108 pages.  It tells the story of how people discovered asteroids and how they look for them in the sky.  It also describes why people hunt for asteroids to make sure that none of them hit the earth and create an extinction event.  This made me want to read the other TED books, because it was quick, entertaining and informative. https://www.ted.com/read/ted-books    I want to read How We'll Live On Mars by Stephen Petranek.  I placed this on hold.  I also placed Beyond Measure, The Big Impact of Small Changes by Margaret Heffernan and Why We Work by Barry Schwartz.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  I also spent some time looking at different library policies.

I spent some time working on Bookletters today and posted a few lists of books and DVDs on Facebook.

I subscribed to the I Love Libraries newsletter in my email today.

I checked out the books, Capture Unraveling The Mystery of Mental Suffering by David A. Kessler, M.D.  and Walkaway by Cory Doctorow.


Web Bits


Amazon Will Be The Fifth Largest Bookstore Chain

No comments: