Friday, June 16, 2017

Daily Thoughts 06/16/2017

Bookman advertisement March 1895.jpg
The Bookman Advertisement, March 1895

Daily Thoughts 06/16/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading This is What a Librarian Looks Like: A Celebration of Librarians, Communities, and Access to Information by Kyle Cassidy.  This book has lots of pictures of libarians.  Each picture has a brief statement about what they believe is central to libraries.  In addition, there are essays.  My favorite essay is by George R.R. Martin, it is about how librarians curate and preserve science fiction.  This book promotes libraries.  Kyle Cassidy asks the question, "What can you do for libraries?" He also worked with Everylibrary which is a political action committee to make sure copies of this book were sent to all the United States senators.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  I also worked on scheduling for July.

In addition, I spent some time working on programs.


Web Bits


The Library of Congress Wants More People to Get Into Webcomics

Library of Congress Names Tracy K. Smith as New Poet Laureate


No comments: