Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Daily Thoughts 05/05/2020

File:Gaspare Traversi - Reading a Letter - WGA23052.jpg
Gaspare Traversi, Reading A Letter, Between 1741 and 1760

Daily Thoughts 05/05/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Goodness Paradox.  I read about the differences in aggression between bonobos and chimpanzees.  The book is very much focused on physical anthropology.

I had two meetings today for the Census. The first was for the Mount Vernon Complete Count Committee for the census.  We talked about different ways to reach out to people to get them to do the census.  I suggested we needed to contact some of the local business leaders and suggest that doing census is a good thing.  This was from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.

I also attended a meeting for the Westchester Library System census.  It was interesting.  The second meeting was from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

I watched the documentary Time which is part of the Series How We Got to Now.  It is on Kanopy.

I also posted a flyer on how to use Hoopla done by one of my colleagues on social media.

Web Bits



So You've Been Furloughed

Perfect Storm Covid 19 ALA Reinvention

Omaha Public Library Starts Curbside Pickup at Five Branches

No comments: