Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Daily Thoughts 05/13/2020

Hans Sturzenegger - Stilleben mit Blumen und Buch, c. 1920.jpg

Hans Sturzenegger, Stilleben mit Blumn und Buch, 1920

Daily Thoughts 05/13/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I posted about our How to Use Zoom event on Zoom on Friday at 2:00 p.m.

I registered for training on Zoom through the Westchester Library System.  I also registered for training on an upgraded version of Evergreen which is our Integrated Library System.

I spent some time working on statistics.

I posted a few recommendation lists for films on Twitter and Facebook.

I spoke to Arts Westchester about rescheduling some grants so they can be done next years.  One is for Paper Mache and the other is for Cloth Dolls.

The management meeting was about planning on how to open the library up in stages.  We have to review and prepare for when the starts to be opened up.

I read some more of The Goodness Paradox.  I am reading about war.  The author focuses on the difference in war between simple and complex societies. 

Web Bits



Librarian Volunteers Help WHO Make Sense of Covid Information

For Publishers It's Still Calm Before the Storm

Hawaii's Library System Sees Online Interest Surge


No comments: