Saturday, July 12, 2008

Morning Thoughts

Morning Thoughts

I have been having a very nice vacation. I managed to stop myself from doing anything thought related, I didn't see the doctor or the mechanic because although I think I might need to, I really need to rest more than anything to be back to work on Monday. This week has been relaxing.

Anyways, I read In Odd We Trust by Dean Koontz and Queenie Chan. I just wasn't that fascinated by the graphic novel. There was nothing which really stood out about the story. The drawing was quite frankly plain. The story was entertaining but it had very little depth. I think this was Dean Koontz's first graphic novel. Maybe he will do better with his Frankenstein story. In Odd We Trust had a kind of fluffy feeling to it. I'll think of it as a nice first attempt. It was alright. Something which many people may not realize is that Dean Koontz started out as a science fiction writer.

I walked up to my library this afternoon. I am sitting at one of the library computers right now. I have a copy of The Other Wind by Ursula K. Le Guin. Although, it was written in 2001, it is something which I haven't read yet. It is a novel in the Earthsea series.

I am going to be logging off soon. I have to pay a fine for a video I returned late.

No comments: