Monday, July 14, 2008

Returning From Vacation

Picture from the Library in the Nautilus (20,000 Leagues Under The Sea) by Jules Verne.


Returning From Vacation


Hello, today, I am back at work. Did a lot of catching up. I read Kirkus Reviews and Publishers Weekly for this month. I sorted through my mail and did light office duties. A lot of it was just catching up with law material. I have a lot of looseleafs to file for the law collection. Quite a bit of the new graphic novels have been processed and added. People are already checking them out. Most of the Marvel and DC material has already been checked out. People do not take out as much alternative material.


I went through and made sure that the Job Information Center was in order. We received over a dozen GED (General Equivalency Degree for high school) test preparation books for people we just added today. Already four of them have been taken out by this afternoon. In addition, there were a variety of test preparation books that came in that were added. Things like the Series 7 Stockbroker Exam preparation book and the Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Exam book.


I returned the books and videos I took out for my vacation. A few books were waiting for me to pick up, Acacia by David Anthony Durham and The Public Domain How To Find & Use Copyright-Free Writings, Music, Art & More, 4th Edition by Attorney Stephen Fishman. The Public Domain is printed by Nolo Press which is excellent for laymans guide to the law. It looks quite interesting. There is a seal on the front from Choice magazine which says Outstanding Academic Title. I am going to read this after I finish reading The Other Wind.


I read a bit of The Other Wind on the subway in to work.


I also picked up two films, Fire and Ice produced by Ralph Bakshi and Frank Frazetta, and Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers. Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers has been colorized and includes special effects by Ray Harryhausen.


I am also going to show an old classic baseball film next month, The Jackie Robinson Story starring Jackie Robinson.


Today has been a bit confusing. They did some rearranging of the furniture while I was away on vacation and I am just getting used to it. Also, some of the collection has been rearranged as well. I have to figure out exactly what has been happening. We also now have a bunch of volunteers from the youth bureau. I feel a bit confused.

No comments: