Saturday, July 26, 2008

Morning Thoughts

Morning Thoughts

Please excuse me if I haven't been doing too much writing this morning. I've been soaking in nostalgia for a bit. I rather like to do this. It reminds me of when I was younger and more carefree. It has been enjoyable lazing about and reading Savage Sword of Conan.

I had my morning coffee already, but haven't had a chance to read the paper yet. Sigh...
It is nice to have a day off on Saturday.

This afternoon, I did not do much either. I even skipped my daily chores today. I am off on Monday, so I am relaxing.

I finished watching The 7th Voyage of Sinbad. The plot didn't matter in the slightest to me, neither did the actors. I wanted to watch the stop motion animated monsters. They were a lot of fun to watch. Ray Harryhausen somehow gives his monsters more character than a lot of actors. I liked the roc, the cyclops, the dragon, and the animated skeleton. They were fun to watch just moving around. I especially liked the fight sequence between the dragon and the cyclops.

Monsters are fun to watch on film. I prefer if they are just presented as monsters with few ulterior motives. King Kong is a great monster. Mighty Joe Young is a great monster. Harryhausen did a lot of the stop motion animation for the original Mighty Joe Young. Godzilla is also a great monster because she seems to be a force of nature primally destructive. There is something primal about watching monsters destroy things and make loud noises. They are like hurricanes or earthquakes. I personally am not interested in particularly scary monsters. I want some of my monsters to be destructive not have motives.

No comments: